- Cross-Network Events List
- Cross-Network Events Calendar View
- TAR Capstone Series
- Network Exchange Program
- Submit an Event
- CIRTL Café
- Course Guidebooks
- Diversity Resources
- TAR Projects
- CIRTL Forums
CIRTL Cross-Network Events
2015-2016 CIRTL Cross-Network Events
Exploring topics in STEM education
Check back here on August 17 to see a comprehensive calendar
of 2015-2016 CIRTL events (a partial calendar is below).
This year CIRTL is offering four series throughout the academic year in addition to our course offerings. Our series offer grad students and post-docs the opportunity to engage with experts across the CIRTL network, without the more intenstive time commitment of a course. All of our series run on a drop-in basis, with no obligation to commit to multiple sessions. CIRTL's 2015-2016 Cross-Network series are:
- CIRTLCasts: a one-hour, once-a-week session. These sessions are organized around a monthly theme covering some aspect of STEM, pedagogy, and diversity. CIRTLCasts are scheduled for Wednesdays at 1:00-2:00 ET/12:00-1:00 CT/11:00-12:00 MT/10:00-11:00 PT.
- CIRTLReads: a one-hour, once-a-month session. Participants read a pre-selected journal article ahead of the session, then discuss together. The series schedule is TBD.
- Teaching in the US: a one-hour, once-a-month session that grew out of our Teaching in the US online learning community. This new series is designed to help international TAs learn more about the US higher education system while exploring the ways their international backgrounds can make for a stronger STEM classroom. Sessions are scheduled for the second Thursday of each month at 12:00 ET/11:00 CT/10:00 MT/9:00 PT.
- TAR Capstone Series: Every year, our Teaching-As-Research course culminates in a presentation series where TAR students can discuss their findings with other grad students, post-docs, and professors from across the CIRTL network. The series schedule is TBD.
Each series takes place on BlackBoard Collaborate. Please visit our BlackBoard instruction page to familiarize yourself with the platform.
As we finalize our 2015-2016 event schedule, we'll continue to update the calendar below with dates, titles, and links to each event's BlackBoard room.
Can't wait until September to take part in our events?
We have archives of our CIRTLCast and TAR Capstone series dating back to 2012 online here.
We strive to be inclusive of anyone interested in participating in our activities, programs, and courses. If you have specific accessibility needs, please let us know in advance so that we may make the necessary accommodations.
Have an idea for an event? Questions? Comments? Concerns? Email Robin Greenler: rgreenler AT wisc.edu